JAUNT FURTHER EXPANDS ITS CINEMATIC VR ECOSYSTEM WITH THE LAUNCH OF JAUNT PUBLISHING
VR Content, Created on Any Platform, to be Published in the Jaunt VR App
PALO ALTO, CA – August 4, 2016 – Jaunt Inc., the industry leader in cinematic virtual reality (VR), today announced the launch of Jaunt Publishing, a program that allows the growing community of professional VR creators to publish their high quality VR content directly to the Jaunt VR app.
Through an online portal on the company’s website, Jaunt Publishing enables creators to submit their work for consideration and publishing across the Jaunt platform. Once content is approved by an internal review board, creators will have access to Jaunt Cloud Services (JCS), its robust cloud-based VR production software suite, and the publishing tools within including transcoding, “deep-links,” support for premium spatial audio formats like Dolby Atmos, and processing and preparation for distribution on all VR platforms.
Jaunt Publishing is aimed at solving a common and sometimes paralyzing challenge for creators in the nascent VR industry: multichannel distribution. Jaunt is the only distribution hub that is truly platform agnostic, capable of seamlessly delivering cinematic VR content to every VR platform and device.
“Working with Jaunt was simple and intuitive; I didn't have to touch anything. I’m a very hands-on person, so it was a bit awkward at first, but when I started seeing the results it was clear that the encoding was solid,” said Quba Michalski, director of The Pull, one of 16 independently-produced pieces released on Jaunt so far. “And the finished piece plays on every device—it's as simple as that."
“Jaunt has a great team of business leaders who recognize a good product, which is so key in these early, crucial days of VR,” said Maureen Fan, executive producer of "Invasion!," an independently-produced piece that's consistently a top video on Jaunt. “They’re great at featuring those products and getting your stories directly to your audience. In the case of our Invasion! movie short, Jaunt’s support has meant that many more people have gotten to experience what storytelling and VR looks and feels like, and how emotions come right to the surface in a very heartfelt way.”
Arthur van Hoff, Jaunt’s CTO, founder and interim CEO, added, “It’s great to be able to provide a creative outlet for content creation in VR. We’re excited to be able to work with more of the VR creative community to showcase the high quality VR experiences they’re making.”
Key benefits and features of Jaunt Publishing include:
- Transcode in the Cloud: No need to encode each file format manually, as many creators currently do. Once a source file is uploaded to JCS, it’s automatically transcoded in the cloud for every device and platform.
- Compatible With Every Device: Jaunt is platform agnostic and supports the widest array of VR headsets and platforms available. Today, Jaunt supports iOS, Android, Gear VR, Oculus Rift, HTC Vive, PlayStation VR and desktop 360.
- One-Click User Access with “Deep Links”: Every video on Jaunt has a unique deep link—a single smart URL that brings viewers directly to a creator’s VR experience on the device they’re using. This eliminates any friction between someone learning about a creative’s content and experiencing it.
- Industry Recognition: Jaunt doesn’t accept every submission received, so when content is curated and featured within our app, viewers know the content deserves to be featured among the best cinematic VR experiences.
- Spatial Audio Technology: When it comes to immersive VR content, sound quality is more than half of the experience. The entire Jaunt platform supports the industry-leading Dolby Atmos technology that allows creators to incorporate precise spatial audio into the content they create.
Recently, Jaunt announced that its award-winning Jaunt ONE camera is available for rent via Radiant Images, an initial step in connecting the professional VR community to the company’s end-to-end solution. For those creators interested in shooting with the Jaunt ONE, the company will be showcasing the camera with Radiant Images at VRLA this week at booth A19/20. Jaunt will also be demonstrating the Jaunt Publishing platform, and the latest Dolby Atmos enabled content, alongside Dolby at booth C5.
For full guidelines on submitting through Jaunt Publishing, and information on ways to utilize Jaunt’s end-to-end solution throughout the creative process, visit: www.jauntvr.com/creators/submissions/guidelines/
About Jaunt Inc.
Jaunt is pioneering the future of creative storytelling through cinematic virtual reality. Founded in 2013, Jaunt is the leading developer of the hardware, software, tools, and applications to enable cinematic VR and put the power of virtual reality in the hands of today’s best content creators. In addition, Jaunt works with leading creatives – from brands to artists to filmmakers – to create cutting-edge content through its studio arm, Jaunt Studios. Headquartered in Palo Alto, California, the company also maintains a presence in Los Angeles and produces branded and original VR content for audiences worldwide.
Jaunt’s investors include The Walt Disney Company, Evolution Media Partners, China Media Capital, Highland Capital Partners, Google Ventures, Redpoint Ventures, Axel Springer, ProSiebenSat. 1 SE, The Madison Square Garden Company, Peter Gotcher, Blake Krikorian, and Sky (corporate.sky.com). Experience more at www.jauntvr.com