Jaunt showcases content in a broad range of categories, including travel, film and music. Content should be appropriate for all audiences and will go through a review process before being added to the Jaunt app and website. Please see subject matter criteria, also in this document.
Video and Audio assets
All submisisons require a set of video and audio files as well as a poster frame used as a thumbnail image.
Video file (ProRes, to come later if approved for publication by Jaunt):
- Stereoscopic content (preferred): 3840 x 3840 Apple ProRes 422 standard quality, left eye over right eye. Square pixels.
- Monoscopic content: should be 4096 x 2048 or 3840 x 1920 Apple Pro Res 422 standard quality. Square pixels.
Video file (High Bitrate MP4, use for initial submission):
- Same resolution as ProRes above
- Minimum bitrate = 40mbit
- h.264 encoding
- Ambisonic (preferred): 4-channel ambisonic .wav file, 16-bit PCM at 48 kHz in WXYZ format (used for VR playback).
- Stereo .wav file, 16-bit PCM at 48 kHz (used for web playback).
- 5.1 ITU Audio Track (L, R, C, LFE, Ls, Rs) can also be submitted and convered to ambisonic.
- All audio needs to be mastered at 48khz (48000hz)
Videos using Dolby Atmos:
Videos with Dolby Atmos should submit one of the following for audio in addition to the stereo .wav file:
- PRM Printmaster (exported from RMU)
- DAMF (.atmos) file (exported from RMU)
- ec3 bitstream and ambisonic b-format (exported from Dolby VR Toolkit)
All submissions require a poster frame, which will be used as a thumbnail for the video. File requirements:
- 1920 x 1080 pixels.
- PNG or JPG.
- No transparency.
- Naming convention: Project_TitleName_Preview_Dimensions_Version#
See diagram below for safe areas on the poster frame:
Sample Poster Frames
In addition to media assets, all submissions must include the following:
- Title name: the name of your Title that appears in our app, up to 120 characters.
- Short description for social media and previews, up to 80 characters.
- Title description: a description of your Title that appears in our app, up to 280 characters.